While Commencement Weekend will look a little different this year, we look forward to celebrating our 2021 graduates both virtually and in person. Here are some highlights of what you can expect:
- The University will host Commencement ceremonies in person for graduating students in accordance with public health protocols. Families and friends will attend virtually rather than in person. Learn more about our planning principles and safety protocols.
- The Graduate and Medical School Ceremonies will take place on Saturday, May 1.
- There will be two College Ceremonies on Sunday, May 2. One will take place at 10 a.m. EDT, and the second will take place at 2:30 p.m EDT. Students have registered for either the morning or afternoon ceremony. The program for both ceremonies will be the same. Each will last approximately 1 hour and provide opportunities for graduates to be celebrated as they walk through the Van Wickle Gates.
- Many additional virtual events and departmental celebrations will be taking place during the week of Commencement. Please continue to check the schedule page for the most updated information.
- Remote students, families and guests will be able to watch all ceremonies live on this site. Ceremonies will also be available for on-demand viewing.
- Share congratulatory messages and well wishes on social media using the hashtags #Brown2021 and #BrownU.